Baltimore Fire (G 4/4)
It was on a silver falls by a narrow,
That I heard a cry I ever will remember.
The fire sent and cast its burning embers
On another fated city of our land
- Fire, fire, I heard the cry.
- From every breeze that passes by.
- All the world was one sad cry of pity.
- Strong men in anguish prayed.
- Calling loud to heaven for aid.
- While the fire in ruin was laying
- Fair Baltimore the beautiful city.
Amid an awful struggle of commotion,
The wind blew a gale from the ocean.
Brave firemen struggled with devotion,
But their efforts all proved in vain.